Look Younger Today With Minimally Invasive BOTOX® Cosmetic Treatments
BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures used to reduce or eliminate the appearance of facial wrinkles. These minimally invasive injections are made from botulinum toxin A, a therapeutic muscle-relaxing agent approved by the FDA for several different uses. When injected into the skin, it can block the muscles that are responsible for the repetitive actions that cause fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing them away for a younger and more refreshed appearance.
After treatment, the appearance of your wrinkles begins to improve within 24 hours, with full results developing gradually over the next 5 days. Most patients achieve their desired results after just 1 injection, although additional treatment sessions may be required in the future. The results of BOTOX® Cosmetic injections typically last up to 4 months, with some patients reporting results lasting up to a full year.
BOTOX® Cosmetic Postoperative Instructions
It is important to follow all of your doctor’s postoperative instructions for BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures to achieve the best possible results. Corpus Christi Institute of Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery BOTOX® patients are provided with detailed instructions to ensure the best outcome to the procedure.
LENGTH OF BOTOX BENEFITS
- The benefits of Botulinum toxin injections usually last 3-6 months and then resolve.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Temporary stinging, throbbing, burning sensation, redness, swelling, bruising, and excess fullness.
- Redness and bruising usually lasts about 48 hours.
- Following Botox injections, patients notice a clinical effect between 5-7 days.
- Some diffusion of the toxin occurs this can cause circular areas of paresis, a partial loss of movement, with a radius of 1.5cm and temporary weakness of nearby muscles.
- In rare cases, there can be a drooping of the eyelid or asymmetry of facial expression.
- The risk of any side effect depends on the muscles injected.
- The effects of Botox are completely reversible; any side effects are temporary, lasting only a few weeks.
TREATED AREA CARE
- Always use a strong sunblock if sun exposure is unavoidable (SPF 30 or greater).
- You may wear makeup with sunblock protection.
- Stay out of the sun until redness and bruising subsides (usually 48 hours).
- Patients should avoid aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Motrin, Advil, high doses of vitamin E supplements, etc. for 7-14 days prior to injection. These substances can cause increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
FOLLOW UP CARE
- Follow up appointment 1-2 weeks after first treatment.
- No strenuous exercise/ activities for 24 hours following application.
- No facials, hot tub use, or saunas for 24 hours.
- Make an appointment for three months or as instructed by Dr. Bindingnavele for next administration of Botulinum toxin.
WHEN TO CALL
- If you have increased swelling or bruising.
- If swelling and redness persist after a few days.
- If you have severe or increased pain.
- If you have any side effects such as rash, nausea, headache, or vomiting.
- If you have an oral temperature over 100.4 degrees.
What Is Dysport®?
For adults who want a natural look, there’s Dysport®, a prescription injection proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate-to-severe frown lines without changing the look or movement of the rest of your face. Untreated muscles still work normally, so you can continue to express feelings naturally. It’s the lines that disappear, not your expressions.
Dysport® treats moderate-to-severe frown lines by reducing specific muscle activity. Wrinkles are caused by repeated movements and muscle contractions, which means they can even develop in younger adults. One injection into each of the 5 points between and above the eyebrows temporarily prevents muscle contractions that cause frown lines, leaving the rest of your face to move naturally. In other words, no frozen face, just natural-looking results. You can control your look instead of your look controlling you. That’s the Dysport® difference.
*Scare your wrinkles away! Dysport is now $10 per unit until 10.31.2019
Why Choose Dr. Vijay
Dr. Vijay has a reputation in the plastic surgery community for his steady and light hand when injecting fillers and injectables. While other doctors delegate the injectable process to nursing staff, Dr. Vijay performs them himself to ensure the best possible result.