Micro-needling with PRP is a cosmetic treatment that stimulates collagen production by rolling fine needles over the skin and applying platelets, which are one of the components of plasma.
PRP contains proteins, including growth factors and cytokines. These proteins help skin tissue repair itself.
What are the Benefits of PRP?
- PRP is an organic material that will not be rejected by the body.
- PRP improves skin quality by enhancing blood flow and collagen production.
- PRP is appropriate for all skin types.
- The procedure can be used to enhance other cosmetic treatments, such as micro-needling or plastic surgery.
- The benefits of your PRP treatment will increase after multiple sessions.
How is PRP Performed?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that reverses the signs of aging and evens out skin texture—such as treating acne scars.
PRP can be added to this process to stimulate collagen production and improve healing. PRP boosts the results of micro-needling, which includes treating age spots, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation.
What is the Recovery From a PRP Therapy Like?
PRP, on its own, is non-invasive; however, you may experience some redness or other minor signs of irritation at the treatment sites. You should avoid alcohol-based products during your recovery, as this can irritate the skin, but you can resume all of your day-to-day activities immediately after your treatment.
Our Aestheticans will provide you with specific recommendations for your recovery after your treatment.
What Results Can I Expect After PRP?
After your PRP therapy, you will see visible improvement in your complexion. Because PRP contains growth factors that stimulate collagen production, the quality of your results will continue to improve over time.